Enrollment for Summer 2023
Enrollment for Horizons Albuquerque Summer 2023 is Now CLOSED !
If your student has been placed on Waitlist you will be notified if a slot opens the 1st week of June. You will remain on Waitlist for Summer2024 and will have priority for admissions review ahead of other new students for next summer.
Horizons Albuquerque provides a six-week summer learning program and additional year-round support to students and families from underserved communities who meet the following requirements:
- Household Income meets eligibility for free or reduced price meals as determined by the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Does not have any special education needs. We do not have the staffing capacity to adequately support these students.
- Would benefit from intensive academic support (2/3 of our scholars perform below grade level in Reading and/or Math upon enrollment in the program)
- Can make a long-term commitment to meaningful participation and engagement throughout the six week summer program (once students are accepted into the program, they will continue to receive a scholarship through their senior year of high school if they have maintained excellent attendance and family participation.)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or school principal.
Summer 2023 Schedule:
- Summer 2023 will run from June 5 to July 14 and is currently planned to be in-person at our partner schools. There will be no class on June 19th or July 4th.
- The Summer 2023 day begins at 7:45 a.m. for all sites and ends at 2:45 p.m at Manzano Day School (1st - 3rd Grade) and 2:30 p.m. at Bosque School (4th - 8th Grade) and Sandia Prep (9th - 12th Grade).
- Bus service will only be provided to families with multiple students in our program. Families will drop off students at the school attended by the youngest student, otherwise, families will be asked to drop off and pick up students at their assigned grade school locations.
- This summer plan assumes we continue current trends for COVID19 actions and we will modify based on direction from the NM Department of Health and our Independent School Partners.
To start the admissions process, please review the files posted below. Download and read the Enrollment Instructions / Instrucciones de inscripción file for instructions and the enrollment application link.
If your students are returning from Summer 2022, you will need to use the same email address that you used to register for Summer 2022 to login for re-enrollment and to add any new siblings. If you have forgotten which email account you used please email Dennis at email@example.com. If you have forgotten your password, use the Password reset option.
If you have questions on the process please send me an email.
Dennis Shaulis - Enrollment/Tech Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Introduction and Application Information for Enrollment 2023
Enrollment Instructions / Instrucciones de inscripción
Top 10 Important Enrollment Details / Los 10 detalles de inscripción más importantes