Horizons Albuquerque scholars attend a six-week academic summer program on the campus of one of our host school partners, and receive additional support throughout the school year, from kindergarten through high school. In our project-based and Social Emotional educational model, students benefit from:
- A 5:1 student-to-educator ratio with professional teaching staff
- Confidence-building activities like swimming, art, guitar, and sports
- Healthy meals and snacks throughout the summer
- Weekly field trips
- Long-lasting relationships with teachers and peers
- A challenging, encouraging learning environment
Throughout the year, we make a point to involve our families in their students’ learning experiences. By providing classes such as swimming, parenting, financial literacy, and the college process, we make sure that families are given opportunities to foster lifelong skills. Our program also hosts “Family Days” for students to engage their guardians in their learning processes, and special priority is given to enrolling siblings in the Horizons program in order to have the greatest impact within the family.